Monday 27 January 2014

My Life, My Love 1/12



I have recently joined a group of fellow photographer who like me have children. We don't seem to get to photograph our children as much as we would like too so this year its going to change. I will be writing a blog about my family once a month so you can see what we get up to, where we have been and explored and of course some wonderful photographs too.


Children grow up so fast, its actually quite scary. When they are born you think 'i cant wait until they are eating solids' and then 'I can wait for them to be sitting, crawling, walking, talking, running...' and then before you know it your children are starting school. Then you sit there in a childless house and think... Where have the last 4 years gone?!

My youngest will be starting school September... MY YOUNGEST. How did that happen?
I think my favorite age has to be aged 2. This is when i found the personalities starting to come out. Yes they hit that "terrible two's" stage, but i loved it! I loved how they were really starting to take an interest in books. I loved to read to my children, and still do. Also at the age of two they start to take an interest in things that really mean something to them.

Joshua loved cars. We had hundreds and hundreds of the things. I have to add that standing on them at 2am hurt! One way to wake me up! Josh couldn't talk at aged two so i did miss that, but he did so much other stuff and his laugh? Oh my gosh! If you were having an awful day all you had to do was hear his laugh. It would brighten up the most darkest of days. I'm so pleased to say he still has that laugh now (laughing to myself just writing about it!).

My daughter loved her animals, in fact she still does. If i was to get her a teddy it HAD to be an animal. Any animal really, she loved them all. She then went onto ponies, you know the ones, My Little Ponies. She has around 70 of them all scattered around the house. I used to love watching her play, her imagination coming out and pretending they were real.


My youngest son is very much techy. He has Autism you see, and once an Autistic child gets into something that's it, there is no saying no! When he was 2 he wasn't really into much. He used to just sit there, never interacting and it used to break my heart. Thankfully i knew why by that stage. He was diagnosed aged just 19 months. The only way i can describe what he was like aged 2 is it was like having an overgrown newborn baby.

Mendip Woods - East Harptree at sunset

We had a very eventful day on Aleishas birthday. Here are a few photographs from the day
Shearwater Lake, Warminster, Wiltshire nr Longleat


Time for a rest

Loving the ride!
Aleisha having a sulky moment


Back home



Hedgehog cake!!!

 As my children are growing up i feel the need to embrace their childhood more. To hold onto it as much as i possibly can. No, i cant stop them growing up - but i can enjoy the time i have left with their childhood. And i will do all i can to make it so they will look back and smile in years to come.

Come and take a look at this blog  to read more about Our Life, Our Love and see their beautiful photographs <3

8 comments:

  1. such beautiful images, they will love these when they are older

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful children and beautiful photographs! My youngest starts school in September too! where's the pause button! I want to slow time down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Why does time have to go by so fast!!
      Also thank you very much! :)

      Delete

Template by Pink + Lola